- 350 g strong wheat flour
- 12 g caster sugar
- 300 g milk
- 32 g fresh yeast / 7 g of dried instant yeast
- 1 g of saffran
- Measure out the milk and put the saffron and leave to soak as long as you can preferably overnight.
- Dissolve the yeast in cold milk.
- Weigh out into a mixer bowl or a simple bowl: Strong wheat flour, Caster sugar. Pour the milk mixture over and mix for 5 minutes.
- Leave the dough in a plastic box with a lid for 45 minutes to mature.
- 650 g of the Pre-Dough
- 250 g strong wheat flour
- 85 g caster sugar
- 10 g fine sea salt
- 1 egg
125 g butter at room temperature
- 150 g raisins for garnishing
- 1 egg
- Soak the raisins in hot water or alcohol like rum for 30 minutes. Drain.
- Put the pre-dough into mixing bowl.
- Add Flour, Sugar, Salt and Egg. Knead it for 5 minutes.
- Add butter in small chunks little by little. Mix on high speed for 10 minutes.
- Leave the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divided the dough. Shape it. Put it on a buttered baking tray. Brush with egg and stick raisins. Let the buns rise for 45 minutes.
- Pre - heat the oven to 250 C degrees.
- Brush the buns with egg wash.
- Bake the buns for 8 - 10 minutes.
Shaping suggestion: roll out a rectangle and brush with butter and lay out raisins. Fold in 3 like cinnamon buns, cut in strips and tie up like cinnamon buns.